Now Available in Beta — CloudConnexa™ App Sharing Feature
Sharing Private Applications Has Never Been Easier
OpenVPN Cloud is now CloudConnexa™ — learn more here.
Cloud Application Sharing Features
Do you do business with other Cloud Connexa customers? Do you want to use Cloud Connexa to create an extranet between your company’s services and your business partners, suppliers, and distributors? If you both use Cloud Connexa, you can share private apps with one another in just a few easy steps for a streamlined user experience. The same goes for customers with multiple Wide-Area Private Clouds (WPCs); sharing common apps between these WPC networks is a breeze.
What Is CloudConnexa™ Application Sharing?
We’re pleased to share that the inaugural version of Cloud Connexa AppHub is now available in beta. This feature allows Cloud Connexa customers to share Applications, formerly referred to as Services, with each other. To take advantage of the improved user experience, simply follow a few simple steps in the Portal (as outlined below), and you’re set.
Recommended Reading: Why Secure Remote Access is a Win for Everyone
Why Does CloudConnexa™ App Sharing Matter?
At OpenVPN, we’re continually improving and enhancing our products, and responding to customer feedback is integral to that process. That’s why we’re proud to provide innovative solutions, like app sharing, that meet you right where you are with your business’s unique needs.
The following use cases inspired the Cloud Connexa app sharing feature:
- Creating an extranet between companies doing business together. For example, an auto parts manufacturer can provide access to its inventory application to an auto parts distributor with whom it does business.
- Allowing companies to share secure internal services with temporary contractors. The contractors continue to connect to the contracting company’s WPC but get access to select applications from their customer’s WPC.
- Enabling organizations with multiple cloud WPCs to share common services. For example, if one WPC is dedicated to IoT and another is used for IT staff remote access, the Administrator of the IoT WPC can share access to its IoT management application with the WPC dedicated for use by IT staff.
Recommended Reading: Now Create Multiple Isolated Overlay Networks with One Account
How Do I Get Started With App Sharing?
Join Our Beta Test Group
User feedback is integral to making Cloud Connexa the best secure networking solution on the market. And in the spirit of continual improvement, we need beta testers for this new app sharing feature.
Get a sneak peek, and help us improve our product. Simply click the button below. We’ll get in touch with you about how to join the beta rollout and submit your feedback.
If You’re an App Provider (Publisher):
- In the Admin Portal, click on AppHub from the left menu.
- Select the App Provider tab.
- Select the Applications you want to share
- Create invites for the other Cloud Connexa customer(s) you want to share with.
If You’re an App Client (Subscriber):
You will receive an email inviting you to start using the Application. You can proceed in one of two ways: either click the link in the email invitation OR log in to the Portal.
If you choose the Portal:
- Click on AppHub from the left menu.
- Select the App Client tab.
- Approve the new Application Share from that screen.
For a visual overview, take a look at the video below.
Recommended Reading: The Best Multi-Factor Authentication Tool is the One Your Business Will Use
Get Started Today
Ready to take your business to the next level with Cloud Connexa? Work from anywhere and from any device with confidence. Create an account today for three free connections and the secure network connectivity your business needs.