Reliable Secure Networking
Start with two free connections. No credit card required.
Fast, Reliable Remote Access — Anywhere.
What is Access Server?
OpenVPN Access Server, our self-hosted VPN solution, simplifies the rapid deployment of a secure remote access and site-to-site solution with a web-based administration interface and built-in OpenVPN Connect app distribution with bundled connection profiles.
We built OpenVPN Access Server using the OpenVPN open-source core and additional open source software like OpenSSL. OpenVPN Access Server maintains compatibility with the open source project, making the deployed VPN immediately usable with OpenVPN protocol compatible software on various routers and operating systems, and Linux. The official OpenVPN Inc. developed client, OpenVPN Connect, is available for Windows, macOS, and both Android and iOS environments.
Benefits of Access Server
- Creates an economical, isolated, and secure private network.
- Easy to install, set up, and manage through an intuitive admin web portal.
- Flexible deployment options and broad availability on cloud marketplaces.
- Support for both site-to-site and remote access virtual networking.
- Handles high volume of incoming connections by load-balancing over a cluster of Access Servers.
- Subscribed connections can be fully utilized by sharing across multiple Access Servers.
With this all-in-one solution, you can protect your business data communications, secure IoT resources, implement access control and network segmentation, and provide encrypted, remote access to on-premise, hybrid, and public cloud resources.
Easily set access control policies to determine who can access and use your company network and resources.
Clients bundled with connection profiles for quick install and connectivity.
Flexible deployment options and widespread availability on cloud marketplaces.
Secure authentication methods such as PAM, RADIUS, LDAP, SAML, or a custom method. Multiple can be used in conjunction.
Cluster multiple servers to get the increased availability and load capacity your business needs.
Save time and energy by automating tasks with CLI tools and the XML-RPC API.
Access Server delivers the most critical features and functions you need to connect and protect your network.
Enforce Zero Trust Network
Cloud networks and mobile workforces give businesses unmatched speed and flexibility but require layered security.
Remote Workforce Access / Security
Giving remote workers online resources and applications access introduces complex network security issues.
Secure IoT / IIoT Communications
The Internet of Things now spans nearly every corner of our virtual world, increasing your network's attack surface.
Protect Access to SaaS Applications
Secure, private access to online services is critical for businesses of every size.
Site-to-Site Secure Networking
A site-to-site network secures your extended enterprise by interconnecting your corporate network and remote offices.
Secure Internet Access
Be confident your employees have secure internet access from wherever they happen to be working.
- Provides layer three virtual private networking using OpenVPN protocol.
- OpenVPN protocol uses SSL/TLS with client and server certificates to perform key exchange and mutual authentication.
- OpenVPN is firewall and web proxy friendly as encrypted traffic is tunneled via UDP or TCP.
- Direct Connection (server set in SNAT mode) – VPN clients initiate all communication in this mode.
- Routed Connection (server in static route as a gateway to VPN clients) – VPN clients and devices on the internal network initiate connections.
- Site-to-Site routing using a suitable Linux-based system configured as a gateway at one site with a routed connection to the VPN server at the other site.
- You can configure software firewalls with access control rules to specify which user or group has access to what IP addresses or subnets and whether VPN clients can route to each other.
- Control access to services by IP address, protocol, and ports.
- Compliant with FIPS restrictions.
- Multiple Access Servers can be configured to form a Cluster allowing a VPN client to connect to any of the available Access Servers using the same credentials.
- UCARP-based primary-secondary failover for LAN deployments.
Client OS Support
- OpenVPN Connect clients are available for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. OpenVPN open source client is included in all major Linux distributions.
Ease of Client Deployment
- Users can download pre-configured client software, or connection profiles for their device directly from your deployed Access Server’s User Web Portal.
- Supports multiple simultaneous authentication methods using local user database, Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM), LDAP, secure LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, and RADIUS.
- X.509 certificate PKI solution is built-in. Integration with external PKI is available.
- Hardware address checking (UUID or MAC) as an additional security method is supported.
- Time-based One-Time Passwords (TOTP) multi-factor authentication is supported natively in Access Server. Custom extensions for MFA are also possible, such as the one for Duo Security's authentication solutions. Hardware tokens are supported in OpenVPN Connect.
Easy, step-by-step instructions to help you get up and running.Video
Whether you’re managing multiple office locations, a remote workforce, or traveling employees, Access Server keeps their connections secure.Browse Documentation
Visit the OpenVPN Access Server Knowledge Base for a variety of useful information.
This whitepaper looks at why a VPN is the right solution for protecting the network perimeter while providing secure access to a variety of devices.
Seeing is believing. Get in touch and we'll schedule an OpenVPN Access Server demo at your convenience.
“What I like best about OpenVPN is its integration with Active Directory and its management UI that allows us to see all the connected users. It’s made management a hassle-free experience.”