Off-site employees are the new norm. And with BYOD policies in place, remote workers are using their mobile devices for business and personal tasks. How can you protect your team and network from pervasive malware and phishing threats that come with this kind of unrestricted internet access?
OpenVPN Cloud for Restricted Internet Access: Define Trusted Content and Restrict Access
Mobile employees and an increasingly distributed collection of vendors and contractors are connecting to your network every day. They use the same devices for work, personal email, social media, and ordering takeout. It’s convenient, but these kinds of unnecessary connections expose the entire company to unnecessary risk.
Restricted Internet Access, a core feature of OpenVPN Cloud, enables organizations to control employee access to both internal and external applications. In addition to preventing unlimited access to the broader internet, Restricted Internet Access also secures access to essential work applications. This helps mitigate human errors (e.g., malware downloads) and unnecessary network bandwidth consumption.
OpenVPN Cloud Restricted Internet Access gives you the ability to:
- Restrict access to the open internet by designating allowed internet destinations to different user groups.
- Create a trusted-source network for your distributed workforce, all of whom need to access cloud SaaS applications securely.
- Secure connections to pre-approved applications with enterprise-grade encryption and tunneling.
- Define and enforce internet access policies for all employees.
- Protect all connected devices and corporate networks from breaches.