Your workforce needs to connect from anywhere. This helps your business improve productivity and expands your pool of candidates across the globe. But how can you ensure that your users who are on the go, using public networks to connect to SaaS apps and websites with sensitive information, can have secure internet access?
OpenVPN Solutions for Secure Internet Access
Every business understands the need for making internet security a high priority. The affordability and scalability of OpenVPN Access Server gives businesses of all sizes the ability to launch a VPN server and provide security, encryption, and reliability.
- When remote employees connect from their home networks, unsecured public Wi-Fi, or other networks outside your ability to secure, all they need is a VPN connection. Once their client authenticates, their encrypted traffic can flow privately through the VPN tunnel. This can be set up quickly in the Admin Web UI by turning split-tunneling off and routing all client internet traffic through the VPN. Access Server can also be configured for tunneling traffic to specific IP address ranges with split-tunneling switched ON.
- For clients connected to the VPN, an Access Server administrator can choose to push DNS servers to clients, protecting against the threat of DNS hijacking. Instead, clients will use the same DNS servers as the Access Server or can be directed to specifically defined servers, which is easily configured in the Admin Web UI.
- As well as securing internet packets and DNS requests, you can provide additional security layers by routing all traffic — both private and public — through the corporate headquarters where you can enforce corporate security policies. That way, you can add content filtering, web filtering, anti-malware, and other protections provided by on-premise unified threat management.
The OpenVPN Cloud products provides industry-grade DNS security and control over your user internet access routes. OpenVPN Cloud’s affordability and ease of use gives businesses of all sizes the ability to manage their secure, encrypted, and reliable network.
- You can use the OpenVPN Cloud administration portal to configure a secure internet access network to act as a VPN egress. With the ability to set any of your networks as such, you can set the corporate network as the egress point and enforce corporate policies.
- You can turn off split tunneling, which forces all traffic through the VPN, ensuring security and encryption is applied to all of your organization’s data communications. OpenVPN Cloud can also be configured for tunneling traffic to specific domains with split-tunneling switched ON.
- You can use OpenVPN Cloud Shield for continuous DNS monitoring and filtering. Use Shield to analyze DNS traffic, flag domains categorized as undesirable, and even disallow certain domains by category to block malware and phishing websites. Rather than relying on post-event, log-based reporting mechanisms, you can protect your Internet access in real-time.