In this tutorial
This tutorial guides you through an Ubuntu setup. Follow the same steps by substituting the appropriate commands for most other Linux distros.
Launch OpenVPN Access Server on Linux:
- Login to Ubuntu with root privileges
- Install OpenVPN Access Server using the official OpenVPN Access Server repository through our software package page.
- Select your Linux distribution and version.
- Copy the commands from the website to add the repository to your system and install the Access Server package.
- After Access Server installs with default configuration, take note of the admin UI and client UI URLs that display.
- Set a password for the bootstrap OpenVPN user.
- Open a web browser and paste the admin UI URL into the address bar.
- Click through the security warning (from a self-signed certificate that comes with Access Server to start).
- Login with your bootstrap user credentials.
- Read and agree to the End User License Agreement.
- You’ve finished the initial installation.