OpenVPN is entirely a community-supported OSS project which uses the GPL license. The project has many developers and contributors from OpenVPN Technologies, Inc and from the broader OpenVPN community. In addition, there are numerous projects that extend or are otherwise related to OpenVPN.
Your support can go a long way towards ensuring OpenVPN’s continuing development, including staying on top of security issues, maintaining a rigorous testing program, adding new features, improving documentation, and providing technical support. Take a look at this Wiki article for ideas on how to contribute.
The project provides several services for it’s users:
- #openvpn IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- openvpn-users mailinglist on Sourceforge.net
- OpenVPN forums (continuation of ovpnforum.com)
- Trac wiki and bugtracker on openvpn.net
In addition, several services are used by OpenVPN’s developers:
- #openvpn-devel IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- openvpn-devel mailinglist on Sourceforge.net
- Git VCS repositories (clones on Sourceforge.net and GitHub
- Trac wiki and tracker on openvpn.net
- Buildbot continuous integration and packaging server on openvpn.net
The best way to participate in the project is to contact the developers on the IRC channel or to send an email to the openvpn-devellist. Remember to subscribe to the list first, though.
If you have questions about the community project, please don’t hesitate to contact our community manager (samuli _at_ openvpn -dot- net) directly.