How can your organization provide its remote workforce with access to resources and services on private networks, such as your corporate network or those hosted on public IaaS providers?
OpenVPN Solutions for Secure Remote Access
Robust remote access solutions should include support for every device on major operating systems, with industry-grade encryption. Remote access products should integrate with additional security services such as Duo, Google Authenticator, Active Directory, and more.
- You can create a split-tunnel VPN that only carries private traffic within the VPN when you need to enforce secure access to specific resources for a large number of employees. Don’t eat up bandwidth by handling all of the Internet traffic with the VPN as well.
- Spread your traffic across a cluster of Access Servers that are supported through a DNS round robin. You can handle a high load of remote connections through a setup treated as one Access Server, where nodes can be placed in data centers that are in geographic proximity to each group of users.
- Grant specific access by employee group, with separate access for partners and contractors. Access Server supports access control lists to easily manage your users and groups, preventing lateral movement.
- Access Server is available on all popular cloud marketplaces. You can easily spin up a server in your virtual private cloud.
- Access Server supports integration with identity services through LDAP, RADIUS and directly in the Admin Web UI for Google Authenticator. Provide your users with convenient and secure access by allowing them to use a single set of credentials.
It doesn’t matter whether connecting devices are company-issued or privately owned or on a business network or a public hotspot — they must be trusted and secured. Your employees, vendors, and auditors need to securely connect their devices to your private networks and access and utilize the resources on those networks.
- You can create a split-tunnel VPN that only carries private traffic within the VPN when you need to enforce secure access to specific resources for a large number of employees. Don’t eat up bandwidth by handling all of the Internet traffic with your VPN.
- OpenVPN Cloud’s Smart Routing system ensures redundancy, solid throughput, and reliability. Smart Routing takes into account the geographic proximity of the VPN region that is the source of the traffic to the VPN region of the network’s connector; the network characteristics of the connectivity between source and destination VPN region; load balancing considerations; and if one or more of the multiple connectors is down the remaining connectors continue to provide connectivity.
- The OpenVPN Cloud administration portal lets you create access controls groups to separate employees, contractors, vendors, and so on to prevent lateral movement across your networks.
- OpenVPN Cloud provides its own two-factor authentication, the Connect Auth administration to enforce user authentication rules, and also integrates with SAML SSO technologies from several well known vendors such as Azure, OKTA, and Keycloak. Provide your users with convenient and secure access by allowing them to use a single set of credentials.