Installing a connector for Linux
Follow these steps to install a connector for Linux:
- Click on the Deploy button for the Connector after it is configured and saved.
- Select Deploy Connector from the dropdown list.
- Click on the Connector Type dropdown list to see the list of various options and choose Linux from the Operating Systems section.
- Select a distribution that corresponds to the Linux distribution you want to install the Connector on. For this example, we are using Ubuntu 20.04.
- The commands to execute on the Linux computer appears.
- Copy-paste the commands shown in your terminal and press the Enter key to execute the shell script.
- There will be multiple times when you will be prompted with Yes/No questions. Select Yes every time.
- Once all the installations are done, you will see a prompt for a setup token.
- Click on the Generate Token button back on the OpenVPN Cloud portal.
- Click on the Copy icon to copy the token.
- Go back to your Linux terminal and paste the token. The utility will import the Connector profile and connect to OpenVPN Cloud.
- Click on the Next button back on the OpenVPN Cloud portal.
- The successful connection status is shown and you can click on the Finish button to exit.
Note: Refer to Using the Network Wizard for easier setup of Networks and Connecting Networks to OpenVPN Cloud Using Connectors for information on actions that need to be taken outside of the scope of OpenVPN Cloud to enable proper routing of traffic between your private networks and VPN clients.