What is it?
A User Group allows for a set of Users to share common settings as it pertains to:
- allowable VPN Regions that the users in this group can connect to (OpenVPN Cloud VPN Region)
- the kind of authentication needed to establish VPN connection (OpenVPN Cloud Authentication Type)
- the maximum devices a user belonging in this group can have VPN access (Device Allowance)
- the method for routing their public traffic (OpenVPN Cloud Internet Access)
- the specific Networks, Hosts and Services they need access to
Who should use this?
All new Users are added to an existing User Group called ‘Default.’ An administrator should create a new User Group if the settings associated with the Default Group are not suitable for all users.
Why should I use this?
User Groups facilitate a means to differentiate between sets of Users that need a different configuration