Assign a private domain name to a network service
If you want to enforce access controls for services that you already have configured domain names in your private DNS server or in the Cloud DNS, then you can define services under the destination network by using the domain names that have been assigned to those services instead of using the IP address.
Steps: Add a private domain name as a service
- Access Networks.
- Click to edit your network and select the Network Details tab.
- Ensure the network has the private domain name for its route.
- Click Add Service.
- Enter the domain service name, select its domain, and click Create.
- Alternatively, open the Services tab, and click (+) to add a new domain service.
- Enter the domain service name, select its domain, and add a description (optional).
- Click the checkmark to save the new domain service.