Enable two-factor authentication for OpenVPN Cloud users
Administrators can enable two-factor authentication for their users to add an additional layer of identity verification. Once two-factor authentication is enabled, an authenticator application must be used to provide an authentication code at sign in. The authentication check is performed whenever the user attempts to:
- Sign in to the user portal.
- Sign in with the OpenVPN Connect app to add a connection profile.
- Establish a VPN connection using the Connect app.
Steps: Enable two-factor authentication
- Sign in to the OpenVPN Cloud administration portal at https://cloud.openvpn.com.
- Access Settings > User Authentication and click Edit.
- Toggle Two-Factor Authentication on.
- Note that you can choose to enable your users to allow a trusted device. The user isn’t prompted for additional authentication on a trusted device for 30 days after the initial authentication.
- Click Update and then click Confirm.