Enabling automatic login on macOS
Sign Up For OpenVPN Cloud
You can enable automatic login on your macOS computer, which is required for deploying OpenVPN Cloud network connectors in a macOS environment.
Steps: Configure automatic login on macOS
- Click the Apple logo.
- Select System Preferences from the menu.
- Click Users & Groups. In earlier versions of OS X, this is called Accounts.
- Click the lock to make changes, and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Click Login Options.
- Select the Automatic login username that you want to configure.
- To disable automatic login, select Off.
Note: If the username is grayed out, your computer requires manual login and you are unable to set up automatic login without making additional changes. Here are some possible workarounds:
- If FileVault is turned on, manual login is required for all accounts. You can choose to turn FileVault off.
- If an account uses an iCloud password to log in, manual login is required for that account. When changing the account password, you can choose not to use the iCloud password.
- Click the lock to prevent further changes, and close System Preferences.