Edit the default User Group settings
Follow these steps to edit the default user group settings:
- Sign in to the OpenVPN Cloud administration portal at https://cloud.openvpn.com.
- Access Users > Groups and click to edit the default user group.
- Change Connect Auth if desired. If you require that a username and password be entered when a VPN connection is requested, Connect Auth should be set to ‘On prior auth timeout’ as both the certificate and password are checked against the username prior to allowing a successful connection. On successful authentication, the user will not be asked to authenticate another VPN connection attempt from the same device for the next 24-hours. The Connect Auth of ‘No’ can be used for unattended operation in routers and IoT devices where the VPN connection request is authenticated by the certificate alone and user is not prompted to input username/password. The Connect Auth setting of ‘Every time’ can be used for prompting the user for username/password every time they attempt to connect to the VPN.
- Customize the set of VPN Regions available to members of the Group if desired.
- To configure the set of VPN Regions available to the Default User Group, select or unselect the checkboxes corresponding to the VPN Regions you want to add or remove from the list.
- Change the maximum number of devices per user that can access OpenVPN Cloud.
- Save changes to the Default User Group.