Adding a private domain name as a route to a network
You can configure OpenVPN Cloud to use one or more domain names as routes to reach a network. You can use a combination of domain names and IP address subnets to configure a network.
If you have networks with conflicting IP address subnets, just use domain names as routes to differentiate those networks (see, User Guide - Remote access to private networks with overlapping IP address space).
Note that while a private domain name can be used as a route to a network, you still need to specify the actual destination for a fully qualified domain name by configuring a DNS record either on your private DNS servers or by adding a DNS record in OpenVPN Cloud.
Steps: Add a private domain name as a route to a network
- Access the Domains section and click plus (+) to add a domain name.
- Add the private domain name and an optional description.
- Click the checkmark to save the new domain route.
- The new domain route is listed under Domains.
- Click Add Service to add a service for each domain route.