Access Server features overview
- Access Server installs on a Linux OS with installation options to meet the needs of your network.
- VPN clients connect from Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux systems.
- You can download installation packages for Linux, virtual machines, or cloud platforms.
- User authentication includes a built-in system with web-based management or external authentication with PAM, LDAP, RADIUS, and SAML.
- Advanced authentication is supported through custom programming with Python.
- Access Server includes built-in, fully automated VPN certificate management and provisioning. External PKI is also possible for full control over an existing integrated PKI.
- VPN tunnels are secured with the OpenVPN protocol using TLS authentication, credentials, certificates, and MAC address lock (optional).
- Multi-factor authentication is supported in various forms: MFA with TOTP is built-in; Duo Security can be added with a post-auth plugin; and LastPass can be added with a post-auth plugin.
- Access Control rules can specify user or group access to IP address and subnets, and allow or disallow direct VPN client connections.
- Full-tunnel and split-tunnel redirection: All VPN client internet traffic goes through the VPN tunnel, or only specified traffic, respectively.
- Professional support provided by the OpenVPN Inc team, with our online support ticket system staffed by our global team of professionals.
Take a quick tour through the Admin and Client Web UIs with us:
1. Status Overview
2. Current Users
6. User Permissions
7. User Permissions
8. User Permissions
9. User Permissions
10. Group Permissions
11. Group Permissions
12. Group Permissions
13. Client Web UI
14. Client Web UI
15. That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Sign up for a free OpenVPN account and get started with Access Server. You can activate a subscription with two concurrent VPN connections at no cost.
Read through the Admin Web UI user manual to test your configuration. Then, purchase a subscription and increase your connections.