Access Server features overview
- Access Server installs on a Linux OS with installation options to meet the needs of your network.
- VPN clients connect from Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux systems.
- You can download installation packages for Linux, virtual machines, or cloud platforms.
- User authentication includes a built-in system with web-based management or external authentication with PAM, LDAP, RADIUS, and SAML.
- Advanced authentication is supported through custom programming with Python.
- Access Server includes built-in, fully automated VPN certificate management and provisioning. External PKI is also possible for full control over an existing integrated PKI.
- VPN tunnels are secured with the OpenVPN protocol using TLS authentication, credentials, certificates, and MAC address lock (optional).
- Multi-factor authentication is supported in various forms: MFA with TOTP is built-in; Duo Security can be added with a post-auth plugin; and LastPass can be added with a post-auth plugin.
- Access Control rules can specify user or group access to IP address and subnets, and allow or disallow direct VPN client connections.
- Full-tunnel and split-tunnel redirection: All VPN client internet traffic goes through the VPN tunnel, or only specified traffic, respectively.
- Professional support provided by the OpenVPN Inc team, with our online support ticket system staffed by our global team of professionals.
Take a quick tour through the Admin and Client Web UIs with us:
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Sign up for a free OpenVPN account and get started with Access Server. You can activate a subscription with two concurrent VPN connections at no cost.
Read through the Admin Web UI user manual to test your configuration. Then, purchase a subscription and increase your connections.