How to use the Access Server AWS Launcher
Create a pre-configured Access Server for Amazon AWS with our simple setup wizard. With it, you can easily create a CloudFormation script directly on our site.
Follow these steps to launch Access Server with CloudFormation.
Step 1: Procure an Access Server subscription
- Sign in to the Access Server portal.
- Click Subscriptions.
- Get a free subscription for two VPN connections, or purchase one with more connections.
Step 2: Use CloudFormation as the launch option
- Click Get Access Server.
- Click AWS under As a Cloud Image.
Step 3: Launch with CloudFormation
- Select your preferred AWS Region under Select an AWS region below to begin.
- Select your subscription.
- Click Launch Script on AWS. (You may need to sign in to your AWS account.) Or click on Download to get the CloudFormation script to launch manually.
Step 4: Provide needed parameters for CloudFormation
- Enter a Stack name or leave it as is.
- Note that the Activation Key is populated.
- Select your VPC ID and Public Subnet ID.
- Provide the Key Pair Name for SSH access.
- Select the checkbox, I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources. This permission is necessary to find the correct Ubuntu image for your selected region.
- Click Create stack.
- The new stack displays in the events tab with an in-progress status.
- Monitor the progress of the events as they're in progress and then completed.
Step 5: Sign in to the Access Server Admin Web UI
- After your new stack completes, click the Outputs tab.
- Take note of the URL for the Access Server Admin Web UI and the password.
- Click the URL to open the Admin Web UI.
- Sign in with the openvpn username and the provided, randomly-generated password.
- Change the temporary password after signing in:
- Click User Management > User Permissions.
- Click More Settings for the user, openvpn.
- Enter a new password in the Local Password text box.
- Click Save Settings and Update Running Server.
- You can now configure Access Server for your network.