How to configure OpenVPN-AS with Admin Web UI?
Install Access Server and connect to the Admin Web UI
OpenVPN-AS is OpenVPN Access Server, our business VPN. When you install the software on your Linux server, you can configure it using the web-based GUI, the Admin Web UI:
- Install OpenVPN Access Server on your preferred platform.
- Open a web browser and go to the Admin Web UI — the IP address of the server with /admin, e.g., https://123.456.78/admin. (This also displays in the message after you finish the installation.)
- Sign in with the user, openvpn, and the password provided during installation.
- Upon your first sign in, review the end user license agreement.
- After agreeing to the EULA, you arrive at the activation page where you can enter your activation key (or get started right away with two free connections).
- Configure your server.
The following resources can help you configure Access Server using the Admin Web UI:
- Install Access Server by following our quick start guide: Quick Start Guide.
- Purchase a subscription to activate more connections for your server: Pricing.
- Set up a hostname for your clients to connect with instead of the IP address: Set up a hostname.
- Configure options such as dynamic or static IP address networks, NAT, split tunneling, and DNS settings: Configure VPN settings.
- Set up authentication and create users: Adding users to OpenVPN Access Server.
- Take steps to strengthen the security of your server further: additional security steps.
- Read the Admin Web UI user manual: OpenVPN Access Server User Manual.
- Reach out to support.