OpenVPN Connect version 3.3
Release date: June 2021
OpenVPN Connect 3.3 provides users with new functionality as well as improvements and bug fixes. We’re introducing a command line interface to the Windows app, and adding support for #PKCS11 physical tokens such as Yubikey. Here are the highlights of the release:
- Added command line interface. Refer to Command Line functionality for OpenVPN Connect.
- Added support for PKCS11 hardware tokens. Refer to Support of #PKCS11 physical tokens for OpenVPN Connect.
- Updated OpenVPN 3 library to 3.6.2 version.
- Added captive portal detection.
- Added network loss detection.
- Added new functionality for software updates.
- Replaced reconnect on reboot setting with launch options
- Added external certificates on Windows 7.
- Added an Advanced Settings section.
- Added colorful tray icons to show connection status.
- Removed insecure AES-CBC cipher algorithm option from Settings.
- Various bug fixes and UX improvements.
For more details about each of these, refer to OpenVPN Connect for Windows change log.