How to Launch OpenVPN Access Server on Microsoft Hyper-V
Our IT Operations Engineer, Justin Leber, walks you through launching OpenVPN Access Server on Microsoft Hyper-V. Follow this simple tutorial to setup a Virtual Hard Disk with an Ubuntu image and you can configure your VPN in minutes.
In this tutorial
This tutorial guides you through setting up OpenVPN Access Server using Microsoft Hyper-V. Follow the same steps by substituting the appropriate commands for most other Linux distros.
In this tutorial:
- Download appliance from our website.
- Set up an external virtual switch in Hyper-V Manager.
- Create New Virtual Machine and “use an existing virtual hard disk” to select the downloaded Access Server Image.
- Double click on the new image and click start to boot it up.
- At the login prompt, login with the default root user and password.
- One common situation with Hyper-V is setting a static IP address on the appliance. Refer to our website to set that up before going through the configuration.
- If you need to rerun the Access Server configuration after setting a static IP, run the utility, ovpn-init.
- After configuration completes, you’ll receive URLs for the Admin and client UIs.
- Set a password for the bootstrap user, openvpn, to access the Admin UI.
- Login to the Admin UI in your web browser and you’re ready to start adding users, configuring routes, and more.
Access Server Product Features
A Guide to Going Remote in the Age of Covid-19
Remote Workforce Quick Poll