OpenVPN is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to support the business goals and objectives by providing timely and accurate reporting and analytical tools that promote understanding of the strengths, deficiencies and opportunities within the business. This role will collect and maintain accurate data and analyze business results, and provide insights to management teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, articulate, confident, professional, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Recommend and make enhancements to reports and supporting systems
- Analyze results and variances, identify trends that exist within the business
- Develop solutions to data sourcing, analysis, and reporting
- Review the source and integrity of data that is used for management decisions
- Design, code, test, and document solutions on existing data
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design and develop reports, graphs, charts, dashboards and other solutions
- Help in the development of ad hoc BI solutions
- Provide support for delivered solutions
- Work with corporate and dealership department managers, end users, data integration teams and third-party vendors in prioritizing data and information requirements to support the development and management of the reporting framework
- Lead projects of moderate to high complexity in data and data management
- Monitor system reporting tools and data store systems
- Attending events to be up to date on the most cutting edge marketing tactics and strategies in the marketplace
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of channel activities
- Communicate and collaborate with team members both inside and outside of the digital marketing department, including third-party media partners and publishers.
- Identify and implement effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Hands on, persistent, and passionate attitude about making software that is elegant, effective, and simple.
- Research, digest, and develop plans to implement new industry trends.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by peers and management.
- Microsoft SQL Server Tools SSRS, SSIS, SSAS (a plus)
- Ability to work with non-technical users to define report requirements and translate those to technical data requirements
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence tools and systems
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills--both verbal and written
- Understand enterprise data architecture and processes
- Experience with other BI tools (PowerBI a plus)Must be able to communicate through Slack, Airtable, Jira, Confluence, and Asana
- Weekly meetings required to stay updated
- Be proficient in English and content marketing
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Work in environment with international objectives
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers occasionally online through social media platforms
- Be familiar with Google Docs/Drive
- Enjoy the laptop lifestyle; work in the office or from a coffee shop
- Flexible hours and schedule
- Paid Time Off (including all major U.S. holidays)
- Interact with the team online