Re: [Openvpn-users] Watchguard Remote Site Routing Issues with OpenVPN Clients

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Watchguard Remote Site Routing Issues with OpenVPN Clients
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:15:52 +0000

Jeremy

Jeremy Cheng wrote:

> I am not sure I know what you mean by this. Since I am running bridge
> mode, my OpenVPN IP is just like anyone else's IP in the same subnet.
> Doesn't that qualify it to be virtually in the same network?

Oh, I was under the impression that the Watchguard was bridging :-( So
what is the bridge address? Can you access the bridge when OpenVPN is
started? Can you access the bridge when OpenVPN is stopped? Is the
bridge address within the network you try to bridge?

A little ASCII art helps.

>>> Any other info I can provide? Other ideas?
>> Sure, routing tables, packet dump on the tun interface. Use a tool like
>> tcpdump to look at your packets.
>>
> Done all that... had no luck so-far... I have always been able to route
> for OpenVPN clients no prob when I was running a BSD router behind the
> firewall but was hoping I didn't have to do that again.

What exactly are you referring to? Routed OpenVPN?