Re: [Openvpn-users] Watchguard Remote Site Routing Issues with OpenVPN Clients

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Watchguard Remote Site Routing Issues with OpenVPN Clients
  • From: Jeremy Cheng <hkdb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:16:33 -0800

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your reply. Here's a shot at what I think might be "relevant":

say 10.0.0.0/24 is our local lan behind the watchguard where the openvpn
server sits. The watchguard builds an ipsec tunnel with unknown cisco
device at our colo managed by a different entity where the local subnet
is 10.0.1.0/24. The watchguard some how automagically knows to route
traffic coming from 10.0.0.0/24 to 10.0.1.0/24 through the IPSEC tunnel
for everything but OpenVPN clients. The servers at colo also have
persistent routes setup to know where the return path gateway is for
10.0.0.0/24.

I don't think it's a firewall issue because why would all other nodes work?

Any other info I can provide? Other ideas?

Thanks,

-J