[Openvpn-users] Server behind router. Can see/ping server, but not others on server's LAN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Server behind router. Can see/ping server, but not others on server's LAN
  • From: Mi <mi.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:31:22 +0100

Hi,

This must be a very common problem, but I can't seem to solve it:

Client (192.168.1.x) --> NAT router 1 --> NAT router 2 --> VPN server +
LAN (192.168.24.0)

The VPN server is part of the LAN, behind a Zyxel NAT router. I added
port forwarding on the router, and can connect to the VPN server.
However, I cannot ping other machines on the LAN.

On the server, I enabled forwarding.(echo
"net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding=1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf && sysctl -p).
There are no iptables rules.

On the Zyxel router (on the server LAN), I configured "Static Routing
Setup" -> "IP Static Route" and set the gateway to the VPN server's IP
on the LAN:

Menu 12.1.1 - Edit IP Static Route

  Route #: 1
  Route Name= VPN
  Active= Yes
  Destination IP Address= 10.24.0.0
  IP Subnet Mask= 255.255.0.0
  Gateway IP Address= 192.168.24.4
  Metric= 1
  Private= No

But it doesn't seem to make a difference. The remote client can still
access the VPN server, but not anything else on the LAN.

Thanks for any help,