[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and bridge-utils

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and bridge-utils
  • From: scartomail <scartomail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 03:27:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,

I have setup an OpenVPN server(debian/etch) and one client(winXP).
The client should be a roadwarrior and connect to the network behind the OpenVPN server.

First I setup the connection to the OpenVPN and this was without problems.
But after installing and setting up the bridge-utils I do get a connection with the
OpenVPN server and an ipadres but no gateway??

The client can not even ping the OpenVPN server on 10.8.0.1?
The last line in my client's OpenVPN log is: Unable to get a default gateway.

Debian has privided excelent scripts and an howto but it seems that something is still wrong.
Anybody any experiance with this kind of setup?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds Edo