[Openvpn-users] lightweight network protocol to use?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] lightweight network protocol to use?
  • From: yan@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:20:17 -0800 (PST)

I have a VPN connecting two samba servers.  ATM we're using cifs protocol
over the VPN Link, which is proving to be really slow.

Since I have linux on both ends, there is no need for cifs between the
servers.  Is there some lightweight protocol that we can use?  NFS?
Something that doesn't have a lot of overhead?

My customers are getting much higher transfer rates by using GoToMyPC
which kind of defeats the whole purpose of OpenVPN.

--Yan