[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN question
  • From: ras <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 01:33:55 -0600

Hi - I'm having an odd situation with an OpenVPN server on Vista. I've
been running 2.0.9 for a long time, with both the server and the client
on Windows XP machines. Now, for reasons beyond my control, I need to
move the server to a Vista box (Vista Ultimate, 32-bit).

I installed 2.1_rc7 and copied all my config and key files over. When I
start up the client I get the error message, "TLS key negotiation failed
to occur within 60 seconds".

I'm using the same Windows XP client that I was before, with the same
config files
I've got all firewalls turned off on both machines
I upgraded the Windows XP OpenVPN server to 2.1_rc7; that worked fine
The configs between the XP server and the Vista server are as close as I
can figure out how to make them
I upgraded the client to 2.1_rc7, that didn't help
I've changed ports, that didn't help
I'm logged in as an administrator on the Vista box, and UAC is off.

I'm about out of ideas. I can post the logs if that's useful, but before
I do that, is there any known weirdness with running the OpenVPN server
on Vista? I searched the archives but the Vista items I found all seemed
to be related to running it as a client.

thanks