Re: [Openvpn-users] can two routed vpn's share the same ip pool

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] can two routed vpn's share the same ip pool
  • From: Timothy Baldwin <T.E.Baldwin99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:21:16 +0000

In message <96b2ec3f0802031254p6b976431jf5e71220488ed330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Glen Marchesani <gdmlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have users that can come in on a tcp vpn or a udp vpn depending on the
> firewall of where they are connecting from.  I would like to give each
> user
> a single static ip that would work with both.  Is this possible?

Yes, use a client-connect to give to correct IP address to OpenVPN and
create a kernel route (using the route command) to the appropriate OpenVPN
server.

The static IP addresses must be outside any address range managed by
ifconfig-pool or server commamds. The OpenVPN servers must be given a
differnet pair of IP adresses for the local tap devices.

--
OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B  94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4