[Openvpn-users] routed vpn and fqdn?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] routed vpn and fqdn?
  • From: "Dave" <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:13:06 -0500

Hi,
    Might be a simple question, but here it goes. I've got a routed openvpn
server setup and it is working, with one exception that might be a feature
or issue. When i connect up and i want to map a drive to my samba shares i
have to use an fqdn instead of an abbreviated name, so for example i have to
go to run and type in \\servername.domain.com\sharenamee, instead of
\\servername\sharename. I was wondering if this was a feature or if i could
push the domain portion of the hostname as a vpn parameter?
    On a separate issue my samba server does not show up in the remote
clients' network places even though i push wins and i have samba
broadcasting on the openvpn subnet.
Thanks.
Dave.