Re: [Openvpn-users] Best way to setup multiprotocol (tcp/udp) OpenVPNServer

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Best way to setup multiprotocol (tcp/udp) OpenVPNServer
  • From: Marco Fretz <mailinglist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:46:32 +0100

i got the same idea. that will be possible i think. but its depending on
the clients. i think there will be a way to turn off dhcp in the openvpn
client config. windows clients (windows xp) is trying dhcp on all "lan"
interfaces careless about what is set up in the openvpn conf

if this is working u can do the following. dont ask me wether its a good
idea or not :)

- 2 openvpn instances, one in udp and one in tcp mode
- both instances in TAP mode
- u ll get then 2 tap devices
- bridge these 2 tap divices together using bridge-utils
- run dhcpd on the bridge interface with ur public ip adress pool
- assign the last public ip address (in the same subnet) to the bridge
device (and set default route, if u wish, to this ip in dhcpd)

may anyone can tell me how good or how stupid this idea is? =)