[Openvpn-users] RESENT: automatically network access during connection

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] RESENT: automatically network access during connection
  • From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:18:59 -0200

(i'm sending again because nobody answered it ... i was expecting something)

   Hello Guys,

Im trying to setup some script for automatically mapping some network drivers during VPN establishment. I have set up a script and called it through route-up command.

If i manually start my OpenVPN config file, i can see the script is correctly executed right after the routes have been added. But .... everything fails because IP addresses cant be reached or something. I have altered script and tried only to ping remote servers, but even ping fails.

I have done some tests and even with an external ping command running, it seems that ping only works before the last log message of VPN establishment: Initialization Sequence Completed. It seems that only after this message, i really have network traffic flowing through the VPN.

Question is ..... is it possible to have some script running automatically DURING vpn establishment which REQUIRES network access through VPN to be working properly ??? If yes, is 'route-up' the right place for it ?? If there some parameter that i should be configuring for route-up have network access before the 'initialization sequence completed' ??

   Thanks.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues