[Openvpn-users] Windows 2000 tap tun driver loads with exclaimation and will not start

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows 2000 tap tun driver loads with exclaimation and will not start
  • From: "John Newton" <jnewton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:17:54 -0800

I'm using the 2.1rc5 windows installer with gui. Everything installs fine, except the tap-tun driver will not start.
The hardware device manager shows the following:
The device cannot start (Code 10)
You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take affect.

However, I've rebooted several times and it continues to report the same error.

I've checked the unsigned driver reject and also the RunOnce reg key.

Any ideas? Has anyone successfully used a recent version with Win2k?

Thanks