Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple client-to-client connections with one openvpn server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple client-to-client connections with one openvpn server
  • From: Willy Offermans <Willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:19:11 +0100

Hello Michael and OpenVPN friends,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:10:48AM +0100, Michael Trojacher wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> How can i connect multiple clients to one openvpn server where only
> selected clients can see each other and connect directly?
>
> my guess is some wicked combination of route-push statements, but is
> there a better solution for this kind of problem?
> the relations on who is allowed to connect to whom will have to be
> maintained somewqhere, my guess is some kind of mysqlish database.
>
> i'd be grateful for any hints on this.

I do not know of a existing simple solution. Openvpn with dhcp and some
firewall bring you a lot, but a simple maintenance as you ask for does
not exist as far as I know. Please if someone is aware of something
simple, prove me wrong. Why is it so bad that the clients can see
each other? Seeing does not mean accessing, right! What do you mean
with ``connect directly''? Connecting to what? Maybe I totally mistake.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy