[Openvpn-users] FIPS Certification/Enterprise Usage Info

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] FIPS Certification/Enterprise Usage Info
  • From: "Perry N. Myers" <pmyers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:39:21 -0500

I saw some threads posted back in 2004 asking about OpenVPN and its FIPS
certification status.  At that time it was mentioned that even though the
crytpo that OpenVPN uses is from OpenSSL which does have a FIPS-140
certification, that the certification wouldn't necessarily propagate up to
OpenVPN itself...

So my question is: has anything changed with this since 2004?  Has any
additional work/research gone into certification?

In addition, I have a client that is asking how widely used OpenVPN is.
Does anyone have any information/links on commercial/enterprise usage of
this?  I'm trying to convince the client to go with an open source vpn
solution over a proprietary one and need info for that argument.

Thanks,

Perry Myers

- --
|=- GnuPG: E65E4F3D 88F9 F1C9 C2F3 1303 01FE  817C C5D2 8B91 E65E 4F3D -=|
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)