great to hear that OpenVPN is alive again !
I can confirm that 2.1rc6 installs and works fine on my Windows 2000
James Yonan wrote:
2.1-rc5 has a minor pkcs11 option processing bug. I've built 2.1-rc6 with the fix.
James Yonan wrote:
OpenVPN 2.1-rc5 is available, please test. I would especially like
feedback on the Windows TAP driver. We've made some portability changes
recently to the driver to allow it to run on Win2K through Vista in x86
or x64 modes.
Here is the change log:
2008.01.23 -- Version 2.1_rc5
* Fixed Win2K TAP driver bug that was introduced by Vista fixes,
incremented driver version to 9.4.
* Windows build system changes:
Incremented included OpenSSL version to openssl-0.9.7m.
Updated openssl.patch for openssl-0.9.7m and added some
brief usage comments to the head of the patch.
Added build-pkcs11-helper.sh for building the pkcs11-helper
Integrated inclusion of pkcs11-helper into Windows build
Upgraded TAP build scripts to use WDK 6001.17121
(Windows 2008 Server pre-RTM).
* Windows installer changes:
Clean up the start menu folder.
Allow for a site-specific sample configuration file and keys
to be included in a custom installer (see SAMPCONF macros
New icon (temporary).
* Added "forget-passwords" command to the management interface
* Added --management-signal option to signal SIGUSR1 when the
management interface disconnects (Alon Bar-Lev).
* Modified command line and config file parser to allow
quoted strings using single quotes ('') (Alon Bar-Lev).
* Use pkcs11-helper as external library, can be downloaded from
https://www.opensc-project.org/pkcs11-helper (Alon Bar-Lev).
* Fixed interim memory growth issue in TCP connect loop where
"TCP: connect to %s failed, will try again in %d seconds: %s"
* Fixed bug in epoll driver in event.c, where the lack of a
handler for EPOLLHUP could cause 99% CPU usage.
* Defined ALLOW_NON_CBC_CIPHERS for people who don't
want to use a CBC cipher for OpenVPN's data channel.
* Added PLUGIN_LIBDIR preprocessor string to prepend a default
plugin directory to the dlopen search list when the user
specifies the basename of the plugin only (Marius Tomaschewski).
* Rewrote extract_x509_field and modified COMMON_NAME_CHAR_CLASS
to allow forward slash characters ("/") in the X509 common name
* Allow OpenVPN to run completely unprivileged under Linux
by allowing openvpn --mktun to be used with --user and --group
to set the UID/GID of the tun device node. Also added --iproute
option to allow an alternative command to be executed in place
of the default iproute2 command (Alon Bar-Lev).
* Fixed --disable-iproute2 in ./configure to actually disable
iproute2 usage (Alon Bar-Lev).
* Added --management-forget-disconnect option -- forget
passwords when management session disconnects (Alon Bar-Lev).