Re: [Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway and Vista

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway and Vista
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:09:27 -0700

Matt,

As a part of testing the just-released 2.1-rc5, I tested the following
client configuration on Vista x86.  I ran the GUI with "run as
administrator", then successfully connected.   The redirection was
successful.  I verified by going to whatismyip.com and saw the server's
IP address shown.

Note that because redirect-gateway requires routes to be added to the
client's routing table, Vista will require that OpenVPN is running with
administrator privileges.  This can be accomplished by running the GUI
with administrator privileges, because when the GUI calls an OpenVPN
process to start the tunnel, the administrator privileges are inherited
the OpenVPN process.

#####################
client
dev tun