Re: [Openvpn-users] Machines shown as clients but unable to connect

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Machines shown as clients but unable to connect
  • From: "CSB" <kjcsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:22:25 +1300

> CSB wrote:
> >
> > I have had OpenVPN working for some time on 3 machine. Each machine
> is
> > a server and connects to the others as a client.
> >
> > Machine A: 10.8.0.1
> >
> > Machine B: 10.8.1.1
> >
> > Machine C: 10.8.2.1
> >
> > However I am now experiencing problems with one machine (Machine B).
> >
> > vi /var/log/openvpn-status.log
> >
> > This shows that A and C are clients of B
> >
> > This shows that A and B are clients of C
> >
> > This shows that A and B are clients of A
> >
> > So all looks fine but I can't ping B from either A or C. Neither can
> > pint A or C from B.
> >
> what the message Log of your OpenVPN?
> please send your .conf or .ovpn files
>
> --
For simplicity I took Machine C out of the picture by stopping OpenVPN on it
and removing the client .conf files on Machines A and B. Remember that there
had never been a problem communicating from or to Machine C, only Machine B.
Upon restarting OpenVPN on Machines A and B they could communicate
perfectly! I then restarted OpenVPN on Machine C, reinstated the client
files on A and B and all machines can now communicate perfectly. I had tried
numerous restarts in various orders previously and that didn't help.

So this leads me to think that something got cached that was messing up the
communications.

Could anyone advise what I could check or delete in the future if this
happens again?

Regards

Cameron