Re: [Openvpn-users] VPN not functioning after installing new wireless adapter

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] VPN not functioning after installing new wireless adapter
  • From: "Samir Kelekar" <samir.kelekar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:48:47 +0530

On Jan 23, 2008 1:24 PM, <open.20.cerealkiller@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

I have a problem with OpenVPN v.2.0.8 (both client and server) after installing a new wireless adapter in my home desktop machine, which functions as a VPN server. My work laptop is the client and I am no longer able to receive connections from the client. No changes have been made to "config" folder and my server.ovpn contents are as follows:

port 443
proto tcp-server
dev tap
ifconfig 192.168.2.220 255.255.255.0
;dev-node b
secret key.txt
ping 10
comp-lzo
verb 4
mute 10

I know the client.ovpn on my laptop is correct and the key.txt the same on both sides, as this has been working fine for a couple of years now, so I bet it is something related to the wireless adapter I just installed.

Hope someone will have some tips for me

Thanks

It may help if you show us what is seen in the server log.

Secondly, if nothing appears in the log, and the server
starts properly --- that is the message "Initialization sequence
completed" appears in the server log, then see if packets
from the client are received at the wireless interface first.

Deploying a sniffer such as ethereal can show you that.

regards,
Samir