[Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway and Vista

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway and Vista
  • From: "Williams, Jason" <JWilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:00:31 -0500

Hi All,

We're having a problem with Vista and the redirect-gateway command, in
short, it doesn't work. On our linux and XP clients we use
"redirect-gateway def1" in the .conf/.ovpn file and all our traffic is
pushed through the vpn to the server. On our Vista systems we can
establish a connection to the server and access resources through the
vpn but we are unable to force traffic through the vpn with
redirect-gateway. We've also tried using just "redirect-gateway" but
that creates an unusable connection and messes up the default gateway on
the Vista client.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions? The vast
majority of our clients use XP, but with more Vista laptops coming
online everyday I'm going to have to figure out this problem.