[Openvpn-users] Using openvpn client -> server connection as a VPN link between 2 sites

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Using openvpn client -> server connection as a VPN link between 2 sites
  • From: Tom Brown <tom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:57:14 +0000

Hi

I have an openvpn server in my office location and this is used to allow
remote workers access to services on the LAN.

At home i have a small network and on here 1 of my linux boxes is setup
as an openvpn client that can connect to the office LAN. Is it possible
to use this linux box at home as a router so that all requests to the
office LAN from home are sent over the established VPN link?

I presume i would have to...

Enable IP forwarding on the home linux client
On my home router (as the vpn client is not the default gw) set a route
so that requests for the office LAN are routed to the vpn client.

Is that it and can it work ?

thanks