Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and QEMU

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and QEMU
  • From: Carlos Baiget <carlos.baiget@xxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:57:57 +0100

More info on the NAT issue:

if i try another setup:

Client (internet) -------- Home Router (internet-lan) ----- Server (nat)

I can make a connection to the server (not running in qemu but on a real
machine), but it recognizes the public ip of the client, not the internal ip
of the router, as it happens in the qemu experiment.
I mean that if the qemu server says that the connection is to 10.0.2.2 because
it is its nat router, in this case i should see a 192.168.1.1 because it is
the nat router of the server here, but what I get is:

>Wed Jan 16 12:44:48 2008 Peer Connection Initiated with 158.42.xxx.yyy:1194

On the other hand, client says that connection is to the public ip of the
router, but this is ok as far as I know.

Thanks
Carlos