Re: [Openvpn-users] using openvpn client 2.1 with openvpn server 2.0x

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] using openvpn client 2.1 with openvpn server 2.0x
  • From: Wahyu Cahyadi <wahyu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:53:42 +0700

John Kuiper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All my pc's are running perfectly with XP en openvpn.
> But now I have one laptop with Vista Business.
>
> There is a connection, but the remote route will not bet connected
> ( route addition failed using CreateIpForwardEntry: ......)
>
> I read that's better to use openvpn 2.1 instead.
> Can I run openvpn 2.1 on the client and openvpn 2.0x on the server.
>
> Regards,
> John Kuiper

Have you tried before? connect openvpn 2.1 on client and openvpn 2.0x on
the server?
honestly I never try this, I always use same openvpn version on both
client and server
I guees, if we use simple script on  ovpn/conf  file, we can connect
both client and server with different version, CMIIW

--
wahyu
http://veryeasytutorial.blogspot.com/