[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN for Windows with ENABLE_PASSWORD_SAVE defined

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN for Windows with ENABLE_PASSWORD_SAVE defined
  • From: "Ross Gemuend" <Ross.Gemuend@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:28:52 -0500

Hi,

I have been desperately trying to re-compile OpenVPN in Windows using VC++ and have not made much progress. I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind making a Win32 build for me with just one change. I need to enable the "#define ENABLE_PASSWORD_SAVE" function in the config-win32.h source file and then rebuild. If not, then can someone please point me to a tutorial for compiling OpenVPN in Windows? It seems that all of the instructions I can find are extremely vague (at least from my standpoint) and I can't seem to get past the following errors when I compile:

Compiling...
openvpn.c
this compiler appears to lack vararg macros which will cause a significant degradation in efficiency
Linking...
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _openvpn_exit
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _uninit_static
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _close_management
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _context_gc_free
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _x_gc_free
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _uninit_options
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _signal_restart_status
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _print_signal
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _tunnel_server
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _assert_failed
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _context_init_1
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _setenv_settings
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _open_management
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _do_test_crypto
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pre_setup
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _x_msg
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _title_string
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _show_settings
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _options_postprocess
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _do_persist_tuntap
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _do_genkey
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _print_openssl_info
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_options_dev
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_verb_mute
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _parse_argv
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_options
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_management
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _env_set_create
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _siginfo_static
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _context_clear_all_except_first_time
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_static
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _close_instance
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _uninit_management_callback
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _process_io
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _io_wait_dowork
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pre_select
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_management_callback_p2p
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _init_instance_handle_signals
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _context_clear_2
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _process_signal
openvpn.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _remap_signal
Release/openvpn.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 41 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

openvpn.exe - 42 error(s), 0 warning(s)