Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and QEMU

Title: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and QEMU
Config files ?
logs ?

From: openvpn-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Carlos Baiget Orts
Sent: pon 14-jan-08 10:38
To: openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and QEMU

Hello all.

I need some advice on how to make OpenVPN work in the following configuration:

I've installed Debian 4.0 and OpenVPN 2.0.9 in a qemu virtual machine, running
in 'user network stack' mode (1). I launch the virtual machine with command:

qemu -hda disk_image.img -redir udp:1194::1194

which redirects all connections to host machine on port udp 1194 to guest
machine and viceversa. The problem is, it doesn't work, and Openvpn complains
about replay attacks, and if I ignore that, 'about an inconsistent ifconfig
configuration'.
The openvpn configuration file is them most simple, the one explained in the
quick how-to, and it works if I run it in the host machine, with the same
Openvpn version.
The client machine is in the same LAN with no firewall between them.

Hope someone can give a hint, thanks a lot.

(1): http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC30