Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN security question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN security question
  • From: bart <batm947@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:07:28 +0000 (UTC)

I just tried using the "route print" command, both before and after connecting
with openvpn. I'm not really familiar with it, but there were more "Network
Destination" entries after I connected.

I also did an experiment and went to whatsmyipaddress.com, both before and after
connecting with openvpn. This website said my ip was the same, even after
connecting to openvpn.

Do either of these pieces of information help determine if my home PC's web
traffic or DNS has been going through my employer's system whenever I have been
connected with openvpn?

Thanks