[Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 server mode: second client can't ping

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 server mode: second client can't ping
  • From: Tavin Cole <tavin.cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:38:27 -0500

Greetings,

I'm attaching server and client config files for a setup that has worked
flawlessly during testing with a single client.  We're using subnet
topology.  All hosts on the server-side LAN have been accessible.

I have found that when a second client connects, regardless of whether
it's from behind the same NAT or an entirely different location, that
second client cannot ping the OpenVPN server endpoint (10.8.0.1), nor
any hosts on the server-side LAN.  However the second client seems to
get all the routing table entries it's supposed to and its interface
seems to get configured correctly (10.8.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0).  I
haven't been able to spot any errors in the log files on either side;
TLS negotiations work and the options get pushed to the client.

It hasn't made any difference whether the clients involved are Linux or XP.

We are using separate certs for each client.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

remote x.x.x.x
ns-cert-type server