Re: [Openvpn-users] Mutliple domain suffixes in config?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Mutliple domain suffixes in config?
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:09:58 +0000

On Jan 9, 2008 6:22 PM, Matt Clauson <mec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.  I have a simple (I hope) question.  I'm running
> OpenVPN in a client-server config, and I need to push more than one
> domain search suffix from the server (a CentOS Linux box) to a client
> (in this case, WinXP/Pro).
>
> In the server config file, I have the following:
>
> push "dhcp-option DOMAIN foo.domain.com"
> push "dhcp-option DOMAIN bar.domain.com"
> push "dhcp-option DOMAIN domain.com"
>
> After connecting, I only see domain.com in my search suffixes -- even
> though OpenVPN shows all three domain strings being pushed.
> Additionally, I've put the dhcp-option strings in my client-side config
> and pulled from the server config, with the exact same results.

I think the problem is that the DOMAIN option specifies the client's
DNS domain, and it can only have one.  You probably need to push the
option specified in RFC3397, option 119.

A quick Google for "dhcp option 119" turned up the following which may help you:

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t42351-dhcp-attribute-119.html
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2005q2/000231.html

(Caution URLs may have wrapped)

--