Re: [Openvpn-users] Configuration problems

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Configuration problems
  • From: koen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:29:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi Jan Just,

> ah this is a bridging setup - haven't you read that bridging setups are
> evil  ;-) ?
> why do you need tap/bridging? are you using non-IP traffic?
> multicast/broadcast traffic ?

Based on the description I found on the openvpn site, it seemed like a
bridging setup would match my needs. Anyway, I switched to a tun setup,
which seems to work fine to reach the openvpn server. For other uses (such
as accessing the internet through the vpn server's IP address), I need to
look into the right nat/routing commands some more.

> I am not very familiar with bridging setups and don't have the time
> right now to look into this. Perhaps somebody else on this list knows of
> a good bridging tutorial?

If there is such a thing, I'd be happy to go over it and try a tap setup
again!

Best,
Koen