Re: [Openvpn-users] multiple clients and multiple servers

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] multiple clients and multiple servers
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:27:02 +0100

sure. this can be done by setting up routing between the two openvpn
servers.
presuming you have a 'tun' setup, choose two different subnets for each
openvpn server, e.g.
  server A: 172.16.100.0/255.255.255.0
  server B: 172.16.200.0/255.255.255.0
. Then make sure
- routing is enabled on both servers
- the correct routes are set up between both servers i.e.
  server A knows that all stuff intended for subnet
172.16.200.0/255.255.255.0 needs to go to server B
  server B knows that all stuff intended for subnet
172.16.100.0/255.255.255.0 needs to go to server A
(both of these have nothing to do with openvpn server configs but with
network routing instead

- server A has a statement similar to
push "route 172.16.200.0 255.255.255.0"
  in the config file
- server B has a statement similar to
push "route 172.16.100.0 255.255.255.0"
  in the config file

and you should be able to ping a client of server B (or the vpn ip of
server B itself) from any client that is connected to server A.
Use client-to-client to make sure that clients connected to the same
server can see each other.

HTH,

JJK