Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn and freeradius server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn and freeradius server
  • From: Thibault Le Meur <Thibault.LeMeur@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:54:26 +0100

Dave a écrit :
> Hello,
>     I'm wondering if anyone has got openvpn working with freeradius?
Sure, but it depends on what you intend to do with Freeradius.

As far as I am concerned I'm using FR with openvpn in order for
user/password authentication, accounting, IP address assignment

I use radiusplugin available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/radiusplugin

>  I'm
> using a freebsd system and would like to get these two going in addition to
> certificates.
What do you mean by "in addition with certificates" ?
If you want to have both certificate authentication + user/password
authentication with FR, then it is possible.

>  As a bonus can samba go through freeradius?

"Samba go through Freeradius" ????
No idea about what you mean here.
Do you plan to use FR authentication in samba?
If yes, ask the samba or FR mailing list.

> machine as is the samba server, hopefully this will make things a little
> easier.

Not necessarily, you'll have to take care of firewalling the samba and
radius server.

Hope this helps,
Thibault