[Openvpn-users] samba, my network places, and routed vpn

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] samba, my network places, and routed vpn
  • From: "Dave" <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 22:52:49 -0500

Hello,
    I've got a routed openvpn setup on a box that is also running samba. I
would like my connecting network clients to be able to browse samba shares
from their network places. I know that broadcasts don't work in routing
mode, just bridging, i've got samba acting as a wins server for the local
lan and push that option to the network connecting vpn clients. The
connecting clients however still can not see network shares. Did i miss
something? Aside from this everything else works?
Thanks.
Dave.